Setting up teams in Service Desk tool

Simon Downes September 8, 2016

Good afternoon, i'm currently looking at using the JIRA service desk for our business. What we want to achieve is a structure of teams so our service desk can be the front line and then assign to different teams (dev\infrastructure\Bi etc) so they can manage their own queues. I can not find the best way to achieve this and make the structure as simple as is needed.

Apologies if this is a easy thing to do and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

2 answers

0 votes
Simon Downes September 8, 2016

Thanks for the reply. What i'm looking to achieve is for the customer to submit via the portal\email and it go into the relevant project\queue where the workflow takes it. If it is in doubt it goes into the servcie desk queue and this team can then evaluate the ticket and assign to the relevant team\project\queue.

does this sound possible.

Yuting Qin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2016

You probably can try automation which is available via project settings->Automation. It has the capability of transitioning/editing an tickets etc.  see more details from the documentation here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/automating-your-service-desk-732528900.html

0 votes
Yuting Qin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2016

you can created a SD project for each team. They will all show up in the same help center on customer portal. You can have as many project as you want and you are charged by the NO. of agents you have so create more project won't cost you more money.

Suggest an answer