Setting up an Integration between Jira Cloud and an onprem program.

Morning Everyone,

My scenario is, I have a progress developer that has made himself a "Job System".

This job system will need to read ticket info from Jira, The program is onPrem and Jira is Cloud.

I am not a developer, however have been tasked to enable the integration between the two. 

I am wondering if anyone can provide a step by step on how to do this?

Any help is appreciated,

1 answer

0 vote
Rachel Wright Community Champion Jul 05, 2017

Hi Kyle,

Why not have your on-prem application connect to JIRA using the REST API?  Here's a link to the documentation: https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/cloud/.

Also, you can connect applications through the "Application Links" feature.  (Admin > Applications > Application links.)  Here's the documentation on that: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/APPLINKS061/Application+Links+Documentation

I'm not at all an expert on either of the two above things, but what I can contribute is this:  

Setup a documentation page where you record the details of all connections between JIRA and other apps.  This list of application details and contacts will come in handy when your performing some action that might have an impact on external apps (ex: bulk changes) or when some app is misbehaving.  For each connection, whether it be REST API, database, or third party application, I record:

• Application name
  • Application address
  • What does the application do?
  • What permissions does the app have?
  • What username does the app connect with?
  • Which JIRA project is the app modifying?
  • What database permissions does the user have?
  • What username does the app connect with?
  • External app contact names

Hope this helps!

Rachel Wright

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

403 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you