Setting up a test enviornment

Karen Martin February 22, 2016

2 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2016

Can you elaborate more on this question? Do you need to copy a production JIRA instance to a JIRA Test instance? Or a completely new JIRA Test Instance? Both can easily be done via export/import XML and evaluation licenses can be generated for this kind of needs.

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2016

Is this what you're looking for ?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/establishing-staging-server-environments-for-jira-285839559.html

PS: It would be very helpful if you provide more details than just a short title when asking questions in this forum wink

Karen Martin February 23, 2016

Apologies, i started this post and clicked a few things to add, then it submitted, but i was not done.  I got tied up and could not come back to clean up this post.

@Boris Georgiev the link you posted is exactly what i needed, i was trying to set up a test environment and didnt know we got a free development license key with our purchased license.  I was able to grab it and set up my test environment.

Again apologies for the mix up and thanks the assistance even with my vague post.

Suggest an answer