Setting up Versions

I've recently started using onDemand for both JIRA and Confluence. I've been trying to setup versions in Jira, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Is this feature enabled in the onDemand instances?

I click on the project name from the Projects drop down to end up on the .../browse/[KEY] page. All the documentation suggests I should see a "Versions" box on this page, that I then click "more" on to add/configure versions. However the only regions on this page are

Descriptions, Issues, and Activity Stream

I have the "Summary" tab selected. The other tab options are Issues, Popular Issues, Calendar, and Labels. None of which have anything related to Versions.

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Yes, it is enabled on the onDemand instance. Are you a project administrator?

If so, go to Administration > Project where you want to add versions. Then click on the Versions tab. You can add versions there.

Administer > Issues > Projects > Version worked.

Yes I am the project administrator. Thanks for the help.

OnDemand is a bit of a pain this way. The versions tab on the project view doesn't show up until a version gets added. After that, going to the versions tab will display the Manage Versions link (if you have permission) so the next versions can be added more obviously. I usually just use addVersion to avoid all the clicking :).

0 votes

Sounds like you don't have "project administrator" permissions in the projecy you are looking at. Could you check that?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

78 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you