Setting up Versions

Eric Nielsen October 7, 2012

I've recently started using onDemand for both JIRA and Confluence. I've been trying to setup versions in Jira, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Is this feature enabled in the onDemand instances?

I click on the project name from the Projects drop down to end up on the .../browse/[KEY] page. All the documentation suggests I should see a "Versions" box on this page, that I then click "more" on to add/configure versions. However the only regions on this page are

Descriptions, Issues, and Activity Stream

I have the "Summary" tab selected. The other tab options are Issues, Popular Issues, Calendar, and Labels. None of which have anything related to Versions.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

Yes, it is enabled on the onDemand instance. Are you a project administrator?

If so, go to Administration > Project where you want to add versions. Then click on the Versions tab. You can add versions there.

Eric Nielsen October 7, 2012

Administer > Issues > Projects > Version worked.

Yes I am the project administrator. Thanks for the help.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2012

OnDemand is a bit of a pain this way. The versions tab on the project view doesn't show up until a version gets added. After that, going to the versions tab will display the Manage Versions link (if you have permission) so the next versions can be added more obviously. I usually just use addVersion to avoid all the clicking :).

0 votes
Süleyman June 10, 2020

Hi,

I am admin and I dont see this  path int he admin menu. (Administer > Issues > Projects > Version worked.)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2020

It has moved in the last 8 years...

Can you confirm if you are on Server, or Cloud, and if Cloud, in a classic or Next-gen project?

Süleyman June 10, 2020

oo yes 8 years :) 

I am using  Classic   cloud  and free plan for now.

I saw it in this menu.  Admin/Projects/ Projet Name/Project settings/versions/Create Version

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2012

Sounds like you don't have "project administrator" permissions in the projecy you are looking at. Could you check that?

Suggest an answer