Setting up Service Desk as default page for jira-users

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2013

is it possible to route customers (i.e. jira-users members) to only see customer portal?

just like in SAC

thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
ɹǝʞɐq pɐɹq
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2013

Not yet but we are working on it. I cant give mroe specific details or specifics on how its will work because we are literally examining it right now.

See https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/229790/accessing-the-customer-portal-when-using-service-desk for my answer as its related but not quite the same question.

Questions I would ask back at you is

* Do you want it for ALL the service desks inside a JIRA instance or just for some?

* How would you differentiate the list of users who get a customer portal only view and the Service Desk agents that are inside JIRA?

Brad Baker

JIRA Service Desk Architect

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2013

one idea would be defining a seperate group or role i.e. 'customers' and include a new permission inside the scheme

per project permission scheme the admin can specify which group/role should be redirected to the Service Desks customer portal

i know there are some more fine grained details necessary but i think i could start from sth like the above mentioned thing.

thanks anyway for responding Brad

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2018

Hello @ɹǝʞɐq pɐɹq

How long do we have to wait for this feature? Right now we would have provide a URL for internal agents. Oftentimes people forget this URL. 

Like # people like this
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2019

Hello @ɹǝʞɐq pɐɹq 

Are you guys still working on this feature? It's been 6 years since your last response.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Arnold Chang November 13, 2013

Hi Brad,

Here are my thoguths for your reference.

* Do you want it for ALL the service desks inside a JIRA instance or just for some?

Just for some, and they should be selecteable for system/project admin because in the reality we will inroduce JIRA Service Desk by gradually applying to the existing JIRA projects one by one. After you apply to every specific existing JIRA project, you will let the project lead/admin determine whether they wanna keep both (cutomer portal view and original JIRA UI) or just cutomer portal view in the future.

* How would you differentiate the list of users who get a customer portal only view and the Service Desk agents that are inside JIRA?

To use Project Permission Scheme and/or application navigation feature will be good options.

Arnold Chang

Marzi Goodarzian September 8, 2020

Hi

I have this problem.

Is  there any solution?

thanks

Suggest an answer