Setting up JIRA for a whole life cycle project

Civic06 November 16, 2013

We currently have an excel sheet where we manage all the projects. The spreadsheet looks like this for each project (where a project can affect more than one product):

ScopeStart Date End DateActual Start DateActual End Date

DefineStart Date End DateActual Start DateActual End Date

Design & DevStart Date End DateActual Start DateActual End Date

QAStart Date End DateActual Start DateActual End Date

UATStart Date End DateActual Start DateActual End Date

DeliverStart Date End DateActual Start DateActual End Date

How can I set up JIRA such that I can get a report like the above for each project.

Currently, we were planning on setting up a project in JIRA as a product line we own where we would need the ability to define a project that may incompass more than one product line.

5 answers

0 votes
krishna.site44@gmail.com May 8, 2019

you have to use Jira Gantt chart for that

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

I do not think jira out of the box will allow you to capture such information. What you are lookingfor is basically a gantt chart and you can have it in jira using the jira gantt chart plugin.

Here's the link

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.polscheit.jira.plugins.gantt

Rahul

0 votes
Civic06 November 17, 2013

How would I structure the scope, define, design, qa, etc issues in JIRA so the gantt-chart can produce such a report? Especialy since we are thinking of have a project in JIRA represent a product. Or is that not the right way to go?

0 votes
Civic06 November 17, 2013

How do I go about setting up JIRA so I can get a report like described above?

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

Hi Civic06

What is your question?

Rahul

Suggest an answer