Setting up JIRA 6.2 on Windows 7 to work with Chrome Browser

Michele Smith March 19, 2014

Hello, I am trying to get my company to use JIRA as a bug tracking tool. I downloaded it for myself, the atlassian-jira-6.2 version for my windows pc, about a week ago and yesterday I tried to configure it to work on my development machine. Since I am a developer, the initial ports were already used, so I had to specify alternative ports.

Later in the day after installation, I discovered that there were Malware items on my pc and I scanned it to remove. Today I came in and I am still getting an error on Chrome asking me to check my "Advanced Settings", something about the LAN. I have tried to launch JIRA in incognito mode, to no avail. Can you tell me if we need to change the firewall for me to use JIRA? If so, I need to know. The error I am receiving is this:

This webpage is not available

(even in incognito mode)

Then if I click the "More" button, this is what it says:

"Google Chrome's connection attempt to localhost was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.

Check your Internet connection.
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings...> LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".

Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

Also, my LAN settings are NOT configured as above, there is nothing in there saying to use the proxy server for the LAN.

Any help sincerely appreciated. -- Thank you, Michele

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

It's most probably your JIRA failed to startup. Look for your logs and find out what the problem is (https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16121981).

Suggest an answer