Setting up Customer Portal

Rahul Gulati August 13, 2015

I am testing out JIRA Service Desk. What we want is to achieve a support ticketing system where our sales team can raise a aticket and it gets assigned to our users. How can I do that.

https://demodesk.atlassian.net/servicedesk/agent/CR/customers

What building blocks do I need to create in Customers portal and how do I do that.

I created agents under my account. What is the diff between service desk request and issue.

Please guide

3 answers

0 votes
Rahul Gulati August 16, 2015

thanks for replying. I can only See Issue Types. Unable to locate Request Type. Sorry, must be missing something. Reading your article, still no result. From the JIRA admin icon on top-right, I click Projects. Then click on the Project name link. That is how i see workflows and issue types

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2015

Hello Rahul,

In additional to Nic's response, you can simple create a Customer Request Type (Service Desk Project > Settings > Request type) to something as your preferences, where your customers (Sales team who will raise a ticket) will create these tickets on the Customer Portal and will be viewed by your users on the JIRA UI (On your Service Desk queue)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2015
Rahul Gulati August 14, 2015

Can you please guide what is wrong. I have added issue types. but it is not showing in my customer portal.

The first image

image2.png

The second image

image1.png 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2015

The service desk is a simplified front end - the users don't get to see all the complexities of JIRA (like issue type). Have you read the link I gave earlier? It shows the difference between the JIRA view of the issue and the customer's service desk view.

Rahul Gulati August 16, 2015

Yes. I did. Cant locate Settings in the page. What is wrong. I have logged in to the site. Cant find Settings

Rahul Gulati August 17, 2015

I can only See Issue Types. Unable to locate Request Type. Sorry, must be missing something. Reading your article, still no result. From the JIRA admin icon on top-right, I click Projects. Then click on the Project name link. That is how i see workflows and issue types

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2015

Why are you clicking on "projects" when you're trying to set up Service Desk request types? Please, go back to the link I gave, and follow the tutorial links starting with "I am a Service Desk admin" - that takes you through how to set up a new service desk, including the request types. I didn't link directly to that because it feels like you need to read through it from the start.

Suggest an answer