Setting up Confidential Tickets in JSD.

Niruban Anandan March 28, 2019

I am looking to set up a portal option for people to submit confidential tickets (e.g. employee offboarding) etc. 

How would I go about having an option is Service Desk to allow users to submit a request and ensure that request is not visible to all other users?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2019

Hi Niruban and welcome to Atlassian Community!

To create a private project, you need to make sure that the permissions are set correctly. Please, go to Project settings > Customer permissions and set as below:

Screenshot 2019-03-29_13-11-41.png

To give you more details about these options:
Customers my team adds to the project
- This means that nobody outside the organization will be able to access the customer portal to create tickets.

Other customers in their organization. This option only allows them to search for customers in their organization.
- If they are not in any organization, they won't be able to share the ticket, so this is the best option to make sure that they can't share the ticket with other customers.

After that, you can click on the option "change the Global settings" on this page or go to Jira Settings > Products > Configuration and set as below:

Screenshot 2019-03-29_13-14-10.png

These options mean that only admins and agents can create customers' accounts.

Also, make sure that customers are not in an organization.
This information you can see directly on the page "Customers" in the project.

If you have any other question, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer