Setting the default when completing a sprint

Robert Browne October 19, 2017

When I hit "complete sprint" in the Product Backlog, active sprint page it gives you the option to "Select where all the incomplete issues should be moved:

move to <<pick list>>

The first entry in the list is the Backlog followed by the next sprint.    If you forget to select the next sprint the incomplete stories will be moved to the backlog.   

How can i set the default to move incomplete stories/issues to the next sprint?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Jeremy Sanchez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2017

Hi Robert,

Here's a similar community post in regards to the behavior of incomplete issues and where those issues go after a sprint is complete:

- https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Closing-sprint-and-issues-move/qaq-p/237402

To quote the post though for your scenario, the expected behavior is as follows:

Any issues not completed at the end of the sprint will be moved to the next planned sprint, as they did not meet the team's definition of "Done". If you do not have a next planned sprint, they will be returned to the backlog and will be visible in the Backlog of the board.

Robert Browne October 20, 2017

that's how it used to work (Any issues not completed at the end of the sprint will be moved to the next planned sprint, if you do not have a next planned sprint, they will be returned to the backlog).   We recently upgraded and now the default is to move issues not completed to the backlog unless you use the pick list to move them to the next planned sprint.    I would like to change the default behavior back to moving issues not completed to the next planned sprint. 

Like Carina likes this
Martijn Ophoff January 3, 2018

I have the same problem since the latest upgrade. when completing sprints, you now get a dialog with drop down that gives you the option to move items to backlog or the next sprint. Rather tham the default action being the next sprint, it will say "Backlog" by default, which is not what I want.

Like Robert asked: Where do I change this default behaviour?

complete sprint.PNGcomplete sprint dropdown.PNG

Like Brandon Valley likes this

Suggest an answer