Setting the JIRA import folder - how to?

Rumceisz July 28, 2013

Dear All,

we would like to set a custom filder for Jira project imports and as well as for the to be imported attachments.

We restored a Jira from XML but the attachments cannot be opened: when we click on the attachment we get an error page:

"Cause:

Could not find the specified attachment on the server"

Can you please suggest?

Thanks in advance,

Rumi

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2013

As Boris says, you can't - the locations are now fixed in place.

You can also use symbolic links for the whole directory, or mount storage directly into the area - to give you a rough idea, my main client at the moment has

• /data/jira - the home directory for Jira on a standard disk, with
  • backup (export) - a remote mount on the backup server (we're doing database backups too, but the xml can be handy)
  • import - a symbolic link to another disk on the same server
  • attachments - a remote mount on a shared storage service
  • index - on the fastest nastiest hard disk we could fit in the storage (a jumped up SSD)

Your options on the remote mounts are dependent on your OS. All the above are a complete doddle on Unix like systems, but I understand Windows servers are way behind and can't reliably support most of the tricks.

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2013

As far as I know you can't use custom import directory as the import directory is hardcoded to jira_home/import (take a look at com.atlassian.jira.config.util.AbstractJiraHome).

What you can do as a workaround is to make symbolic links of the files you want to import in jira_home/import.

Suggest an answer