Setting team velocity is disabled in Jira Portfolio

Rasmus Runberg July 23, 2017

In Jira Portfolio I have 4 teams being part of my plan. By default the velocity for each (shared) team has been set to 30 story points, and sprint lenght to 2 weeks. These settings are disabled, so I can't edit.

When I try to configure the plan, under "Planning Mode", the same values are there, and are disabled as well.

I have created the plan, and I'm a Jira administrator, so I should have the neded access I believe?

Any ideas? - Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rasmus Runberg July 23, 2017

SOLVED ...

Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2017

@Rasmus Runberg, what ended up being the problem? If you add it here and mark your question as answered, other people may benefit from it. 

Rasmus Runberg July 24, 2017

I would love to share my solution, but unfortunately I'm not sure. In a moment of desperation I decided to delete the plan and recreate it, and then it worked ?

Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2017

Oh well, haha! Then I guess it will remain a mystery. ;)

Douglas Camens December 28, 2017

Hello, I am having the same problem.  I am unable to edit velocity or scheduling methodology for any of my teams.  I am using the 30 day trial version of Jira Portfolio.  Is that a limitation of the trial version or is there some other reason I can't edit these values?

Lawrence Leonard October 8, 2020

I had the same problem and my IT group figured it out.  Click on the non-editable velocity.  Go to Past velocity.  Select "Use suggested velocity".  The velocity will be updated to a 5 sprint average and now be editable.

Suggest an answer