Setting remaining estimate to 0 for closed issues

Eric Weiss May 23, 2017

I'm using JIRA Cloud and the Scrum project type. My project has three the default 3 statuses, Todo, In Progress, and Done. We use the Estimate field to set our hour estimates. When a story is moved to Done, I want the Remaining Estimate to be set to 0, so that my Burndown Report reflects the work done.

I've been researching how to do this in various forum posts, and it seems like it used to be an available feature, but now it might be a paid feature of JMWE. What most people say to do is to edit the Workflow, and add a Post Function on the Done status to set the field value to 0.

I tried this, and this is what I see:

The value(s) of field Remaining Estimate of the current issue will be set to 0 (replacing existing values). Send notification. Run as add-on user. 

You do not have a valid, active license. Post-functions will not run

Am I missing something? Is there another way to do this? I know I used to be able to do this with previous projects, but now I can't figure it out. Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2017

You do not have a valid licence for the add-on that is providing the "set value of field" function that you are using (presumably JMWE)

There is a built-on (and hence free) function to "set field" - you should give that a try, although I am not sure it supports the estimate field (as changing the remaining estimate breaks your reporting)

Eric Weiss May 23, 2017

Where can I find that free function? If I try to create a new Post Function, there are 3 options to set fields, and they're all JWME addons:

Set field value (JMWE add-on) Sets the value of a field.
Set field value from User Entity Property value (JMWE add-on) The selected field's value will be set to the value of a Property of the current User.
Set field value of linked issues (JMWE add-on) Sets the value of a field on all issues linked to the current issue through a selected link type.

Edit: Nevermind I found it. It was the Update Issue Field option. Seems to work. Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2017

Apologies for misleading you with "set" instead of "update", I forget the exact words, and pick synonyms a little too often!

Suggest an answer