Setting remaining estimate based on status in Grrenhopper

Olivier Orlow June 26, 2013

I would like the remaining estimate to be set automaticall to 0 when the status is set to RESOLVED.

Is that possible? And if yes, how?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2013

Try this on a test project and compare the results with GreenHopper.

It is possible to set the Remaining Estimate for an issue to 0 during transitions; and GreenHopper's transitions from status to status is based on the workflow set for that project.

You can add the post function Update Issue Field to the transition that sets the status to Resolved in your workflow. In the default JIRA workflow, it would be at the Resolve Issue transition.

Ensure that the post function is set to be at the top of the list of post functions:

Post Function List

Olivier Orlow July 2, 2013

I have problems adding the post function to the Greenhoper Simplified Workflow.

I coul add the post function but it is not changing the value upon status change. How can this be "debuged"?

Is there a tutorial/manual, how to do that properly, and how to test if it is not working?

0 votes
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2013

Okay, here's how to do it. Strange that it doesn't work though, but I'll see where I can help:

1. When you are editing the Simplified Workflow, it would make a copy and set it as a Draft.
  2. Then, you can add the post function Update issue field to set the remaining estimate to 0.
  3. Once this is done (which I believe you have done so), Publish the workflow so that it would take effect on your project.

See the picture below:

Notice the blue area? Just click on the publish, and it should be done! :)

* Another note to mention: if you would like to retain your resolutions, ensure that the The Resolution of the issue will be cleared. post function is removed; check other transitions for this as well!

Suggest an answer