Setting default Service Desk calendar

Emily Cullinan November 25, 2015

Hi,

Currently, we define our SLA's using 'Goals'. Each priority level is linked to a specific goal, which determines how long we have to resolve the issue. Our business is due to have a half day in a couple of weeks and, during this time, the SLA clocks will need to run from 9am - 1pm, rather than 9am - 5pm as currently.

In order to achieve this, we have set up a new calendar to avoid the existing SLA's being recalculated, however the system is not letting us amend the current calendar to the new one. Everytime we select the 9am - 1pm calendar from the dropdown list, it is reverting back to '24/7 Calendar (Default)' in all cases and not saving our changes when selecting 'Update'. It will not let us select the standard 9am - 5pm calendar also.

I've attached a screenshot to demonstrate the section we are referring to. Is anyone aware if this is a bug with the system or if we are doing something incorrect? Is there any other way to achieve what we require here?

Thanks.

Emily

Jira-calendars.png

3 answers

0 votes
Emily Cullinan December 9, 2015

Hi Rick,

Many thanks for your response. We have resolved this issue now by amending our existing Calendar to run from 9am - 1pm instead of 9am - 5pm, this seemed to work as expected when tested on an open issue; we will just change back to normal next week. However, thank you for your assistance.

Thanks,

Emily

Rick de Jong December 9, 2015

I see! Sorry that I couldn't assist you earlier.

0 votes

Hi Emily. Just saw your post. I noticed how you are correct in saying that the dropdown menu reverts back to the default Calendar. I created my own 9am - 1pm Calender (not sure if the calender is the cause) and I wanted to add it but after selecting it from the dropdown it shows me the 24/7 Calendar.

Now I do have noticed that when I save it, the SLA metric shows me the calendar that I selected. You should check if the same can be said for you if so then there would indeed be a bug. This bug however is simply just a bug in the dropdown where it shows the wrong value but selects the correct one. 

To clarify, just select your calendar from the dropdown (yes it will show you 24/7 Calendar instead) but save your SLA metric and it'll show the correct calendar all the same. It would be wise to try this on a new SLA metric just in case and try out if the calendar is being used at all :)

0 votes
Emily Cullinan November 27, 2015

Hi,

Is anyone able to provide any feedback on this? Would be useful to know if this is a bug in the system that similar users are also experiencing issues with, or if there is an alternative solution to what we need.

Thanks,

Emily

Suggest an answer