Setting customfield value on linking to another issue.

Jason Hensler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

We are trying to have the value of one custom field on the main issue copied into another custom field on an issue upon that issue being linked to the main issue. I’m thinking this will probably require me to setup a listener but, I thought I would see if anyone else has tried anything similar?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

There is no "Issue Linked" event and so listener is not an option. You are probably looking at a custom link operation that overrides the existing link operation.

Jason Hensler
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2013

Thanks for the info, I was optimistic that there might be an easy way to do it but, since it wasn't a need, as much as a want, I'm not going to pursue this further.

Suggest an answer