Setting create issue security

Jameel Khan May 15, 2013

I have a single project with 3 issue types x,y,z. I want to restrict creation of issues on two of the issue types. EG. I only want users in the role "iQS Managers" to be able to create issue types y and z, where issue type x is open to everyone for creation. Is this possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

It is not possible. See a lengthy discussion and possible workarounds on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5865

0 votes
Jameel Khan May 15, 2013

I've created 3 separate work flows. I guess my question is how exactly do I limit creation of the issue on the validators or post functions options? I added a post function which states that if a member is part of iQS Managers role then the issue security level is set to Managers, however this still doesn't prevent users from that group from creating the issues

Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

You should add permission in validators, not in post functions.

0 votes
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2013

Create two workflows based on issue type & apply appropriate conditions in create issue permissions.

Suggest an answer