Setting assigne based on Epic Name using "Set a field as a function of other fields" post-function

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2015

I'm using the JIRA Workflow Toolbox to set the assingee using a post function all the time. 

I'm trying to do this now based on the Epic Name, but for some reason it doesn't work.

For example:

• I have an Epic with the name *LALA land*
  • The Field to be checked for matching with type 1 setting rules is set to Epic Name
  • The Target field to be set is set to Assingee.

• The rule is (LALA land,Other Epic,Yet Another epic)admin

Noting happens after the transition is complete.

I'm quite sure this is Epic-related since in the same transition I have the same post function working based on a custom field. 

JIRA version: 6.3.12

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2015

Hi Peter,

You should write the names of the epics exactly as they are, respecting character cases.

Can you please attach a screenshot with the exact configuration you are using? I would like to see the actual names of your epics. Perhaps, they have reserved characters for regular expressions.

You can use the following rules to avoid conflict with reserved characters using prefix 'l' (for literal), and also to make them case ignorant with prefix 'i' (for ignore case):

il(LALA land)admin
il(Other Epic)admin
il(Yet Another epic)admin

In order to unassign the issue, simple any of the following values: 'unassigned' or 'null'. An example of setting rule for unassigning the issue would be:

il(Epic A)unassigned

BTW, character '|' is used in regular expressions syntax to separate alternative capturing group. It doesn't have nothing of weird smile.

Fidel

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2015

Hi Peter,

The problem is that you should use '|' instead of ',' for separating epic names, since you should use regular expressions syntax. Any of the following configurations will work:

CONFIGURATION 1

Captura de pantalla 2015-11-15 a las 22.02.53.png

Setting rule:

(LALA land|Other Epic|Yet Another epic)newton

CONFIGURATION 2

Captura de pantalla 2015-11-15 a las 22.03.21.png

Setting rules:

(LALA land)admin
(Other Epic)admin
(Yet Another epic)admin

Regards,

Fidel C. Armario

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2015

Weird, but it doesn't work with the pipes are well. Is there a way to add log messages when the post-function runs? BTW - how can I set the assignee to "unassigned"? Thanks

Suggest an answer