Setting an issue priority to nothing

J. Pablo Fernández April 21, 2014

It seems that every time I edit an issue, I have to select one of the priorities. I'd rather leave the priority blank and clear it to some issues that accidentally got a priority. Is there a way to do that?

As far as I can see, Priority is marked as optional:

but I don't have a blank option that I can select:

I don't want to hide the field as I might want to use it, but even if I hide the field, some issues already have a priority and they appear as a small icon (a green down arrow here):

2 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2014

Hello Pablo,

in order to do that you could add a fake value (eg. "None") to priorities.

JIRA Administration -> Issue ->Priorities -> Add New Priority

Regards,

Fabio

J. Pablo Fernández April 22, 2014

I tried doing that, but an image is mandatory for all priorities and yes, I could upload a transparent PNG somewhere, but it seems like such a dirty workaround for what is otherwise such a nice tool that I wanted to know whether I was missing the right way of doing it.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2014

There's an open issue. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-13048

I'm sorry for that.

Fabio

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2014

Hi Pablo,

you could update the related Field Configuration so that you can define Priority as optional. Moreover, after doing that, you could remove priority field from the edit screen.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

J. Pablo Fernández April 22, 2014

Hello Fabio,

Thanks for the anwer. As far as I know it's already optional and I don't want to hide it, I want to have it in neutral mode for most issues. But even hiding it is not enough to remove the little icon in the kanban view.

I updated my question to contain this information.

Suggest an answer