Setting a default user for a certain status

Blommetje July 29, 2013

I have created a new workflow for my new JIRA environment. I find this rather difficult and one of the issue I run into is setting a default issue owner.

I have a flow where one status is 'Not allowed'. When an issue is not allowed, it should always be assigned to the Manager. How can I do this?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

sorry i thought it was there on JSU plugin but it is my mistake.

this post function is ther in jira by default, just you need to select 'Update Issue Field' post function

then another screen will show like

enter the assignee name on field value and click on add

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013

you can use use the 'Update Issue Field' post-function to change the assignee to a specific user.

check answers here for more information

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/3974/auto-assign-user-in-workflow-post-function

Blommetje July 31, 2013

Hi, thanks for the reply but I don't really get it. Is this something like a Custom Field? If you have some more info that would be great!

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

this post function is inbuilt with jira i have updated my answer!!

Blommetje August 1, 2013

Thnx. Got it working. One thing remains. When you open the Issue to Assign it, the field is empty. When you hit Save, then it IS assigned to the correct user but you do not see the name pre entered. This might confuse the users. Can this be improved?

Aside from this, it works well!

Like kenneth-loh likes this

Suggest an answer