Setting a default user for a certain status

I have created a new workflow for my new JIRA environment. I find this rather difficult and one of the issue I run into is setting a default issue owner.

I have a flow where one status is 'Not allowed'. When an issue is not allowed, it should always be assigned to the Manager. How can I do this?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

sorry i thought it was there on JSU plugin but it is my mistake.

this post function is ther in jira by default, just you need to select 'Update Issue Field' post function

then another screen will show like

enter the assignee name on field value and click on add

This widget could not be displayed.

you can use use the 'Update Issue Field' post-function to change the assignee to a specific user.

check answers here for more information

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/3974/auto-assign-user-in-workflow-post-function

Hi, thanks for the reply but I don't really get it. Is this something like a Custom Field? If you have some more info that would be great!

this post function is inbuilt with jira i have updated my answer!!

Thnx. Got it working. One thing remains. When you open the Issue to Assign it, the field is empty. When you hit Save, then it IS assigned to the correct user but you do not see the name pre entered. This might confuse the users. Can this be improved?

Aside from this, it works well!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

189 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you