Setting a ‘deadline’ for a ticket in Jira

Tim Onaolapo May 9, 2022

Hello all,
I am trying to set a due date (deadline) for Jira tickets on Cloud, but could not figure it out. Can anyone in the community help, please? Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Olha Onofriichuk_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 24, 2022

Hi, @Tim Onaolapo 

There are a few ways to set a deadline for a ticket in Jira. Recently, I’ve written an article about the ways to set deadlines for tasks in Jira, you can check it out here.

Hope it helps.

And if you are interested in monitoring due dates with SLA, I can recommend you to try SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on. It has an option to set the monitoring based on Due date (deadline) and show the remaining time as well as perform the escalation before the date (for example, send notifications if the deadline is soon).

Here is how it works:

how to set sla.png

Also, this add-on is created by my SaaSJet team, so if you have any questions, I’m here to answer them.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2022

Hello @Tim Onaolapo 

Welcome to the community.

Is the Due Date field a field you see when editing/creating an issue?

Tim Onaolapo May 10, 2022

Hi @Trudy Claspill

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yes, it is the Due Date field when creating/editing an issue

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2022

Does the Due Date field display on the screen when you create an issue?

What exactly is the problem you encounter when trying to add a value to the field? Are you getting an error message? If so, please share that with us.

Tim Onaolapo May 11, 2022

Currently, the Due Date field is not displaying on the screen when we create an issue.

The problem is how can we display this field on the screen so we will be able to add the value when creating/editing an issue? 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2022

If you are working with a Company Managed project you need to define the custom field, add it to the Field Configuration used by the issues in your project, and add a field to the Screens used by the issues of your project.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-a-custom-field/

If you are using a Team Managed project you still add a custom field, but the process is different.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/customize-an-issues-fields-in-team-managed-projects/

Suggest an answer