Setting WIP Limit on Jira Core Boards?

mark_beroy March 24, 2021

Is there a way to enable and set WIP Limit on Jira Core Boards?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2021

Hi @mark_beroy

WIP limits on Jira Core Boards are not available. As of today they are quite restricted in their functionality.

Kanban/Scrum boards, indeed, offer the full range of features - just mentioning because you stated you would be interested in setting WIP limits.

Regards,
Daniel

mark_beroy April 8, 2021

Hi Daniel. This confirms my assumption. I'm new to Jira Core. Thanks!

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021

Hi @mark_beroy 

Go to board settings -> Columns and there is a min and max box in every column where you can set the WIP limits.

Cheers

mark_beroy March 24, 2021

Hi Vero,

I cannot find any section labelled as "board settings", or if i go to my a specific board and columns, i also do not see any min and max box. I'm wondering if this instruction doesn't apply to Jira Core - Cloud? but do you think this is available in Jira Core - WIP limits? is there any add-on app available?

Thank you for your comment, appreciate it.

Like Vero Rivas likes this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2021

You have permissions to change things on the board

mark_beroy March 28, 2021

Yes i do have that access privilege, but i guess WIP is not really available for Jira Core as i can't find anything related to that. Thank you for your responses, appreciate it. 

Like Vero Rivas likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events