Setting Users To Projects

Matt Dodge February 12, 2014

I have a group of Beta Testers that I was trying to assign to a specific group that can only access one of the projects - both via participation as well as visibility - but still login to the JIRA software. When reading through the FAQ, I stumbled across things that made sense to what I was trying to do, but I JIRA Interface appearred different than the description and screenshots explained. Could you please advise?

Thank you,

- Matt.

2 answers

0 votes
Matt Dodge February 12, 2014

I went ahead and created a role with assigned permissions, however I am stuck when attempting to add a Project to the Role itself.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2014

Roles appear on all projects as soon as you add them. Go to the project you want to work with and open up the Admin -> Users section to add people to the role in that project.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2014

Probably the wrong version of documentation for the version of Jira you are on, or you might have a different authentication setup (Crowd, internal, ldap,, all different interfaces)

Have you taken the first step of stripping out the default permissions so that you can actually do "only allow access to one project"?

Suggest an answer