Setting Default Assignee as "Unassigned"

Jesse Anson December 5, 2011

How do I change the default assignee from Project Lead to Unassigned. In a previous version of Jira that I used we were able to do this - I can't seem to find the way to change that in the current version we are using which is the OnDemand version.

Please advise on how I can change this.

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nick Mason
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2011

The administration screen in OnDemand is new in JIRA 4.4, which is probably why it doesn't seem familiar. :)

Go into Administration, select the project at the top, and you'll see an overview of the selected project settings. There's a "People" section at the top-right that shows the project lead, default assignee, and project roles. Click "More" to change those settings.

Jesse Anson December 5, 2011

I did see that but how do I switch it to Unassigned? This is not an option when you type the users it's only selecting from the list of created users. What I want is to allow for Issues to exist but not be assigned to anyone.

Nick Mason
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2011

Ah, you'll also need to have the "Allow Unassigned Issues" option turned on in JIRA's general configuration (Administration > System > General Configuration).

0 votes
Nazia Tarannum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2011

This option is available in latest Jira versions as well, but I think the type of license/version as you said "OnDemand" is what matters.

0 votes
Nazia Tarannum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2011

This option is available in latest Jira versions as well, but I think the type of license/version as you said "OnDemand" is what matters.

0 votes
Nazia Tarannum
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2011

Suggest an answer