Set validator to reporter during bulk change

Saketh Reddy October 13, 2016

I need to change validator to reporter for bulk number of issues as there was change in validator
Problem now is its not the same reporter to just do bulk edit and change.
Is there any way to do bulk change of making reporter as validator as its not possible to change for each ticket 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2016

Hi, Saketh - can I assume that "Validator" is a user field in your JIRA installation? I'm going to assume that's the case.

Either way, I believe the only way you can do this is if you have administrative access to your JIRA installation. I can't think of any way to do it otherwise. If you do have admin access, there's a couple options:

• Export the issues you want to change to Excel, then create a CSV file for importing to JIRA as an admin. The CSV file should contain a column for issue keys to update, those issue's summaries, and Validator (with the new values for Validator in that column).
  • If you have ScriptRunner installed and are familiar with groovy scripting, you might be able to come up with a groovy script to copy values from Reporter to Validator. I've never done this before, but I assume it can be done.

Suggest an answer