Set up JIRA Service Desk and JIRA Software with a separate Database Server

HH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2017

Hi, 

I want to set up JIRA Service Desk on one server, with a seperate database server. I then want to set up JIRA Software on one server. 

Is it avisable to have one database that they both connect too? Or for scalability is it better to have two seperate databases? 

Also could someone point me in the direction of the database recommendation specs for JIRA service desk? We're going Postgres, but I'm struggling to find the spec that I need to request!

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2017

It's fine to have one single database *service*, as long as there are two separate databases for them.  This does give you a slight weakness in that you've got a single common point of failure for two separate systems, but is a common configuration despite that.

The recommendations for JSD are the same as for JIRA, as you'll be running it on JIRA, but assume you've got a few more users.

Suggest an answer