Set up JIRA Service Desk and JIRA Software with a separate Database Server

Hi, 

I want to set up JIRA Service Desk on one server, with a seperate database server. I then want to set up JIRA Software on one server. 

Is it avisable to have one database that they both connect too? Or for scalability is it better to have two seperate databases? 

Also could someone point me in the direction of the database recommendation specs for JIRA service desk? We're going Postgres, but I'm struggling to find the spec that I need to request!

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes

It's fine to have one single database *service*, as long as there are two separate databases for them.  This does give you a slight weakness in that you've got a single common point of failure for two separate systems, but is a common configuration despite that.

The recommendations for JSD are the same as for JIRA, as you'll be running it on JIRA, but assume you've got a few more users.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Jira

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,094 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you