Set the maximum memory allocation here

Deleted user January 23, 2018

First, I don't know whether I should set the max memory pool to VM max memory, any suggestion ? 

Second,  if I have faced a few of issues related to memory consumption, where should I go to fix the problem ?   to adjust max memory pool or initial pool  under Atlassian JAVA property ? 

We only have up to 100 users, up to 70 projects for now, up to 6000 issues, up to 2000 attachment files,   as a start.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user January 23, 2018

The following link can be useful for checking if Jira's server meet the minimum recommendations i.e system memory, jvm heap size: Jira Sizing Guide

Also it will be useful to check the logs, as often performance issues are caused by certain errors. It might be a good idea to update Jira to the latest version (releases of JIRA applications commonly contain fixes for memory issues)

Deleted user January 24, 2018

Thank you! 

0 votes
Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018
Deleted user January 24, 2018

Yes,  I did a couple of changes,  for the jvmms, jvmmx,  set for 1024/1024 (for now)

our VM containing 8G memory,  what value do you think I should optimize these two parameters ? 

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2018

JVM min 1024 (jvmms)

JVM max 2048 (jvmmx)

I prefer setting like this, instead of giving same values to min and max.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events