Set screen properties of a custom field

pnelsonsr July 21, 2014

I have a date-time custom field called Closed that gets updated from a Resolved-Close Transition Post Function Update with JIRA Suite Utilities. This works fine. But...

1. Is there a way to make the field read only to everyone in the issue screen?

2. I'm not sure I want to do this, but is there a way to make the display of this field just show the date in the issue list?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2014

1. Yes, remove it from the edit and transition screens. It'll still appear, but as it's no longer on the edit screen, it can't be edited

2. Not natively. You could swap it to just a date field if it's only the date that matters, or write an addon that only displays the date, but you can't surpress the time element in display.

pnelsonsr July 21, 2014

Although I'm in JIRA (and Stash) kind of deep, I'm really new to this application. So...

for 1.

I have 3 screens listed:

-Default Screen

-Resolve Issue Screen

-Workflow Screen

Should I just make sure Closed field is removed in these? I'm actually thinking of just leaving it as is because the field only shows up when there is a value there and that only happens when it closed, which then is uneditible.

for 2.

Well OK. I only asked because I see this type of behavior with the Resolved and Created fields. Where in the issue they have a date-time but in the issue list they just show a date.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2014

You've got the default setup, which uses the default screen for most actions - view, create and edit.

To do what you need, you'd want to add another screen (probably copy the default and then remove your field from the new screen), and set up the "issue type screen scheme" to say "use default for view, and new-screen for create and edit"

Resolved and Created are actually done totally differently, they're system fields, coded to behave this way.

Suggest an answer