Set resolution on 10,000+ issues

Adam White July 8, 2013

We are moving to JIRA soon from another issue tracker. I just imported about 12,000 issues, many of them are Closed. In this custom workflow, the resolution is not set for Closed. I dont want a ton of issues showing up for the users the first time they sign in because an issue was not resolved.

Is the only way to do this to do Bulk operations (1,000 at a time)? I tried setting the jira.field.resolution.include 9 property, but it didnt seem to change anything.

Thanks for your help!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

Try https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-BulkFixResolutions

This will allow you to do it without having to stop jira, or reindex.

Adam White July 9, 2013

This did it... I tested it on about 40 issues but i think this will fit the bill. Thank you!

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

You can use the bulk operator, which is based off of a custom filter. So if you want just the closed issues to bulk change, status = Closed - then perform the bulk change against the filtered results. Sounds like you may already know this option and are looking for a different solution.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

Hi Adam,

You can try this on a test instance.

Shut down the JIRA instance and write an SQL query to update all the resolution id's on the issues.

Bhushan Nagaraj's Visual Thumbprint

Suggest an answer