It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Set resolution on 10,000+ issues

Adam White Jul 08, 2013

We are moving to JIRA soon from another issue tracker. I just imported about 12,000 issues, many of them are Closed. In this custom workflow, the resolution is not set for Closed. I dont want a ton of issues showing up for the users the first time they sign in because an issue was not resolved.

Is the only way to do this to do Bulk operations (1,000 at a time)? I tried setting the jira.field.resolution.include 9 property, but it didnt seem to change anything.

Thanks for your help!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA Jul 08, 2013

Try https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-BulkFixResolutions

This will allow you to do it without having to stop jira, or reindex.

Adam White Jul 09, 2013

This did it... I tested it on about 40 issues but i think this will fit the bill. Thank you!

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj Jul 08, 2013

Hi Adam,

You can try this on a test instance.

Shut down the JIRA instance and write an SQL query to update all the resolution id's on the issues.

Bhushan Nagaraj's Visual Thumbprint

0 votes
James Strangeway Community Leader Jul 08, 2013

You can use the bulk operator, which is based off of a custom filter. So if you want just the closed issues to bulk change, status = Closed - then perform the bulk change against the filtered results. Sounds like you may already know this option and are looking for a different solution.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Early Access: If you use Jenkins and Jira Software Cloud, you need to read this!

The Jira Software Cloud Team has been busy working on a simple, secure, and reliable way to integrate your build and deployment information from Jenkins with Jira Software Cloud. This means you don’t...

186 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you