Set custom workflow as default -JIRA 5.2

CV May 6, 2013

JIRA 5.2

I've created a custom workflow and would like to set it as default so that when I use CSV import the custom workflow will be applied instead of jira(system workflow)

Whenever I import issues via CSV import the system workflow(jira) is used

Thanks

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

I think it's not possible to change the defult workflow for the projects created during immporting CSV. Anyway, you can always change it after the importing done via the project configration.

0 votes
CV May 6, 2013

Nic,

Understood now..I'm going to import the projects first and then assign the workflow scheme > import issues. Hope this goes well.

@Naren,

I don't think that's a problem because the same file imports successfully if I use a staus from the default workflow(jira)

Thanks

0 votes
CV May 6, 2013

Amanda,

Thanks for confirming, but this doesn't help because the csv import is failing due to the mapping of custom workflow statuses. and some issues doesn't get imported (failed with following error)

Error importing issue ExternalIssue{externalId=autoid-1124514781001314797, summary=null, issueType=null}

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2013

You'll need to create the projects and associate them with the correct workflow schemes BEFORE importing the issues.

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

As the error states, the summary and issuetype should not be null for the issues you're trying to import from CSV file.

Try adding the summary and issuetype values to such issues in the CSV file.

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

As the error states, the summary and issuetype should not be null for the issues you're trying to import from CSV file.

Try adding the summary and issuetype values to such issues in the CSV file.

0 votes
CV May 6, 2013

Hi Naren,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes I have created the workflow before CSV import, But the problem is the projects are created by the csv import itself and none of the projects currently exist.

Is there any way to associate the csv data to a workflow? OR set the custom workflow as default.

Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

As Amanda said, you can create custom workflows and associate the same to a Workflow scheme. And during the CSV import process, in project configuration step, you can select the workflow scheme you created.

This way the projects getting imported will be associated with these workflow scheme. Then you can map the statuses in the CSV file to the statuses in the custom workflow you created.

This can solve your problem!

0 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

Have you have created the custom workflow first before starting CSV import?

If not, then create one and associate it to the workflow scheme and finally associate this workflow scheme to the project in which you want to import these issues via CSV.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer