Set assignee based on cascading select

Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2017

Hi,

I’m trying to assign issues based on the value of a cascading select. I need to assign the issue to different users based on the first selection of the cascading select.

I tried using a post script with script runner for that.

Since I don’t want to have the assignee hard coded in the script , I thought of using the components field to help in this, define the same values as components and define the assignee for the components, then use the post script to set the component, based on the value the user choses in the cascading select.

For example:

Cascading select values: a-1, a-2, b-1, b-4

If a-1 or a-2 is chosen assign to user John, if b-1 or b-4 assign to user Emma.

Create components a,b, set assignee accordingly for them. ( the user who creates the issue won’t have to choose the component).

I saw a few similar questions but still it doesn’t work for me.

Is my idea of setting the components doable ?

If not what is the best way to accomplish this ?

Can someone help with the groovy script to use ?

Thanks in advance,

Alon

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2017

I was able to solve the issue based on the answer given here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/JIRA-Update-Issue-Custom-Field-from-cascading-select/qaq-p/231034

I've added the script in the plugin post function as described.

This sets the components filed, but still the assignee was not changed, so I added another post function to set the assignee to the lead project/component developer and now everything works.

Suggest an answer