Set a resolution type in automation "THEN" statement?

Deleted user July 25, 2016

I'm trying to set an automation rule to resolve an issue with a specific resolution type. 

In the automation rules you can set the to transition to resolve, but can't choose an option for what resolution type I want (Done, Rejected etc.).

Is there any way to do this?

jira.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2016

You should add a Transition that sets the resolution via a post-function.

0 votes
Torbjörn Richter July 9, 2019

I know this is an old issue but setting the resoltuon with the automation trigger is sometimes a must. For instance, if you normally has a transition screen to set resolution upon closure you may have issues that are closed automatically if customer does not respond. if that happens a resolution has to be set as well which cant be done with a post-function since that would conflict with the transition screen.

If you build a Then option in automation that supports fields, how difficult can it be to add Resolution to that? oO/

Drew Angell April 23, 2020

We are having this exact problem.  Did you ever figure out a way to get this done?

Daniel Tigse May 26, 2020

Same problem here. Did you guys figure it out?

Drew Angell May 26, 2020

I have not resolved this yet, and no replies from the previous people either.

Daniel Tigse May 26, 2020

I created a custom transition with a post function. The function set a resolution for the issue. I am going to test it. 

0 votes
Deleted user July 26, 2016

Thanks @Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]. I had this idea in my head but wondered if there was an easier way. Turns out this is the only way to do it. Create a new transition and set a post function to adjust a value on the issue - the 'Resolved' value in this case.

Done. Ta.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2016

According to 'Atlassian What's New', the JIRA Service Desk section has this bit – 

• In automation, we added a THEN action to edit issue fields. For example, keep on top of your SLAs by creating a rule that escalates an issue's priority if it breaches your goal.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/what-s-new-686863216.html#What'sNew-servicedesk

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events