Set User Macro Parameter Value from Javascript

Chris M June 10, 2015

Hi, I'm new to confluence and am working on my first User Macro.  It has 1 parameter, html and javascript (that's rendered).  The html and javascript comprise a multi-picker. I want to use the picker to set the value of the parameter but I can't figure out how to save the result.

From javascript, how do I set the value of a user macro parameter?

Right now, when I save.. the picker appears in the page that's created rather than the values I selected – despite the fact that I programmatically remove it before saving.

1 answer

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

As I understand it, user macros are executed when the page template is rendered, which is before executing JavaScript.  You need for the JavaScript to leave its state, and then reload the page, with the macro picking up the value when it is re-rendering. I've done that using HTML parameters.

You can get HTML parameters from the $req object, which is the current servlet request object, and is available in the Velocity context.

#set($value=$!req.getParameter("paramName"))
#if ($value)
## use that as the parameter value
#else
## Use the default parameter or whatever you have
#end

Suggest an answer