Set SLA goal based on when a ticket is created?

Andreas Astrom October 15, 2019

Hi there,

I would like to implement a SLA based on the requirements below i.e. the SLA goal or number of hours until the SLA expires is based on the time between when the ticket was created and a specific time of day i.e. 7 PM. 

I can't find a way to implement this in Jira Service Desk Cloud since the Goal attribute of SLAs only accepts relative and not absolute time.

Enterprise Services for which Downtime is reported;

(i)          Before midday are restored by 7pm on that day;

(ii)         After midday are restored by midday on the following day; and

(iii)        After 7pm are restored by 7pm the following day.

Can you set/update the SLA time left through the API? That way we could calculate the time left until a SLA expires outside JSD and then update the ticket.

We could create a whole range of filters using created >= startOfDay(7h) AND created < startOfDay(8h) and then set the Goal attribute for each of those filters. It wouldn't be accurate and it's ugly.

Any other ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Andreas Astrom December 18, 2019

Hi again,

I ended up implementing the SLAs in this hacky fashion...

enterprise_sla_hack_jiraservicedesk.png

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

Hi @Andreas Astrom,

You cannot manipulate the SLA system, as it is based on a timer that gets started, paused and stopped by event triggers (issue creation, status transitions, resolution being set).

How about setting a due date / time in a dedicated custom field for this specific use case and then using JSD queues based on those target dates to focus your agents' efforts on the right priorities?  

Suggest an answer