Set Issue Security Level for an existing issue

Deleted user August 9, 2012

Hi,

We are using Jira On Demand as part of an evaluation. User Stories, issues, etc., have been created. We now want to just have certain user stories, issues, etc., seen by a particular group. I've read the documentation on how to set Issue Security and created Security Schemes and Security Levels. I've also assigned groups to the Security Levels. Now the issue seems that when I try to do a Bulk Edit, I cannot change the Security Level for the issues I need to change. Here's what's showing up for the unavailable action(s):

Change Security Level

NOTE: You do not have the required permissions in ALL projects of the selected issues to edit this field, or there are no defined issue security levels.
Is there something else I need to set at the Project level for this? BTW, I've also added the "administrators" group to the security scheme I created hoping that this will allow an administrator (i.e., me) to get this done.
It just looks like I'm missing something basic and am not sure whether I am not reading the documentation correctly.

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user August 9, 2012

I found the answer.

I needed to go into the Administration -> Issues, select my Project, click on the Permissions menu item, edit the Permissions, and assign the "administrators" group to the "Set Issue Security" Issue Permissions option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events