Set Epic in a created linked issue

Lars Blaschka December 14, 2018

Hey community,

is it possible to choose and set an epic for a linked issue in Jira Software when I create a linked issue from an issue in ServiceDesk? 

For better understanding: 

I have an User Story in Jira ServiceDesk. I click on it and choose "More"-->"Create linked issue". Here I can choose a project in our Jira Software. I can also choose what kind of issue I want to create, name it and so on... But I can´t choose an epic for that linked issue. Is this possible? How can I add this field?

Thank you for your reply.

Cheers

Lars

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

Hello,

Add the Epic Link field to the create issue screen.

Hi Alexey,

that doesn´t work :-(

The Epic field appears now, when I press the "create" button in JIRA ServiceDesk.

But I need that Epic field when I press the "create a linked issue" button in an already existing issue. I try to add a screenshot, maybe this can help...

JIRA.JPG

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

Ok. I got it. You can not add it to the create a linked issue screen.

oh okay :-( 

Thank you for your help Alexey!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2018

You are most welcome!

0 votes
Wojtek Drozdz October 1, 2020

Hi @Lars Blaschka ,

I found a way :) 

In the workflow you need to add a validator Fields Required Validator (JMWE add-on) for "EPIC LINK" and whenever you will create an issue this way, Jira will request the epic link.

BR,
Wojtek

Suggest an answer