Set Emailer as a watcher when they email an issue

Tummala December 5, 2014

Is it possible to set-up the person who emails a ticket to JIRA as a watcher so that they'll be able to add comments to a ticket.

2 answers

0 votes
Tummala December 5, 2014

Under Add ons ...Watcher field-->watcher field settingsWatcher.PNG

Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2014

Hello Oh, I see you are trying to configure an add-on. I cannot help you since I haven't used that one. I guess you should create the question under that specific add-on forum to get a more precise answer. Sorry

0 votes
Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2014

Hello

If the user was able to create the ticket from email, it means that he/she has the apropriate permissions to access your project... now you have to check that the user has the permission to add comments and that he/she can log into JIRA (this is a higher level that your project permissions).

Tummala December 5, 2014

what kind of permissions / where do I check them. I see the configuration on Watcher Field Settings was set to OFF , is it something I turn on..

Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2014

Hello Where are you seeing the "Watcher Field Settings" configuration?

Suggest an answer