Set Cascading Select values in create post

Jay Jungalwala March 10, 2014

I have a cascading-select custom list named "Team" and I want to set each of the Team list values curing a create issue. I can't seem to figure out how to set the primary list and secondary list.

Running JIRA 6.2 and using Groovy

The following code does not seem to work:

Option ctOption = optionsManager.getOptions(cfTeam.getRelevantConfig(issue)).getOptionForValue("TeamA", null);

Option ctSubOption = optionsManager.getOptions(cfTeam.getRelevantConfig(issue)).getOptionForValue("SubTeam A", null);

issue.setCustomFieldValue(cfTeam, [ctOption, ctSubOption])

Note, when printing debug statements, ctOption finds "Team A", but ctSubOption does not find "SubTeam A" and cfTeam does not get updated.

Thanks for any help!

Jay

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2014

are you speaking about multiselect or cascading select field?

if you are trying to set value for cascading field then check the following question

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/234417/groovy-set-cascading-field-value

Sorry, I am talking about Cascading Select Field.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2014

then solution is there on other post which i gave on my answer!!

It was perfect. Thank you sooo much!!!

Jay

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2014

Glad to hear it worked!!

i changed field name from multiselect to cascading select in your question so it will help to other users!!

0 votes
&(*&)#)_*#@@(*)(@*)(*@
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2014

you must get the option that is relevant for you issue :

FieldConfig clientCustomFieldConfig = clientCustomField.getRelevantConfig(myIssue);
final Options options = optionsManager.getOptions(clientCustomFieldConfig);						 
Option coption = options.getOptionForValue("TeamA", null);

do not use issue.setCustomFieldValue but use updateValue instead

if (coption != null) {
	clientCustomField.updateValue(null, myIssue, new ModifiedValue(null, coption), changeHolder);
}

as stated n you might want to look at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/234417/groovy-set-cascading-field-value

Suggest an answer