Session Times out during admin activity and loses form data

Nick Koirala July 24, 2012

The session times out so quickly and often in the same location that things like bulk change, updating licenses and application links are almost impossible to complete. When the session times out I need to log in again and the form data is lost.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

Ah in that case check out these docs

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Secure+Administrator+Sessions

You can either disable web sudo or maybe crank the time up in the settings

Nick Koirala July 25, 2012

Disabling websudo has worked. Thanks

0 votes

Sorry I added to my initial support request that its with Crowd + JIRA but forgot to update that here.

Quick as in every 2-3 pages I get asked to log in again, but generally only in the admin. It does happen occasionally outside of admin but not so often its a problem. In the admin I can't click through more than a couple of pages without being asked to log in again and if the page had form data then its lost.

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

So you have the SSO authenticator enabled in JIRA's seraph-config.xml? Try turn that off and see if its the SSO configuration booting you off.

This is the window I keep seeing, in this case it was when trying to update a product license and the license was lost from the form in the process so its impossible to update. Other times the message just says 'Session Timed Out' and explains I've lost what I wwas doing and apologises :)

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2012

Is this just a standard JIRA install or is it also configured with crowd etc.??

When you say session times are quick what is quick?

The default for JIRA I think is something like 300 mins. With Crowd it shouldn't be under 30 mins

Suggest an answer