Session Times out during admin activity and loses form data

The session times out so quickly and often in the same location that things like bulk change, updating licenses and application links are almost impossible to complete. When the session times out I need to log in again and the form data is lost.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Colin Goudie Community Champion Jul 24, 2012

Ah in that case check out these docs

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Secure+Administrator+Sessions

You can either disable web sudo or maybe crank the time up in the settings

Disabling websudo has worked. Thanks

0 vote

Is this just a standard JIRA install or is it also configured with crowd etc.??

When you say session times are quick what is quick?

The default for JIRA I think is something like 300 mins. With Crowd it shouldn't be under 30 mins

Sorry I added to my initial support request that its with Crowd + JIRA but forgot to update that here.

Quick as in every 2-3 pages I get asked to log in again, but generally only in the admin. It does happen occasionally outside of admin but not so often its a problem. In the admin I can't click through more than a couple of pages without being asked to log in again and if the page had form data then its lost.

So you have the SSO authenticator enabled in JIRA's seraph-config.xml? Try turn that off and see if its the SSO configuration booting you off.

This is the window I keep seeing, in this case it was when trying to update a product license and the license was lost from the form in the process so its impossible to update. Other times the message just says 'Session Timed Out' and explains I've lost what I wwas doing and apologises :)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

891 views 3 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you