ServiceNow Problem Task Integration

mr G November 22, 2018

We are looking streamline RTB and CTB functions into the same overall SDLC and want an interface between a ServiceNow Problem Task and Jira New Feature/Story.

A Jira will be created taking key data fields from i) the Problem Task and ii) a mapping KA identifying the target Jira Project based on the application.  Key state changes in the Jira ticket must be synchronised back to the Problem Task, from allocation to a release (via FixVersion) to deployment to production (Jira Closed).  Additional fields will be created in the Problem Task to capture key Jira fields.

Does a Jira plug-in exist to support this?

Jira DataCentre and ServiceNow Istanbul currently in use with migration to ServiceNow Enterprise DevOps 'London' release planned for mid-2019.  

Any assistance very much appreciated.

2 answers

2 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2018

Hey, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I have yet to see a straightforward ServiceNow -> Jira integration. In practice, I've found that most companies evaluating one of the two products or an integration between the two usually end up using Jira Service Desk for what they would have used ServiceNow for.

That being said, there are a few add-ons on the marketplace which can do some outside-of-Jira-manipulation to get ServiceNow data syncing with Jira. These tend to be a little expensive as they act as data brokers between multiple applications (not just Atlassian products, and not just ServiceNow). From what I understand, the ServiceNow API leaves a bit to be desired which is why you tend not to see a lot of integrations that support it (Zapier for instance).

I haven't personally used it but there is a Jira connector in ServiceNow's app store that you could have a run at.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Tanner Torres January 11, 2019

Check out Perspectium, they should be able to help: https://www.perspectium.com/

Suggest an answer