Service project using the customer portal

Theo Eyzenga October 25, 2016

Wich steps do I have to take to create a Service Desk project using the Customer Portal without having to use a user-licence for JIRA

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2016

Theo,

your question isn't completely clear to me. However, i will attempt to provide some initial guidance. First and foremost reference the Atlassian documentation as it is quite good and will do a much better job of educating you than i can here. If you follow the document I am sure you will be well versed in setting up an effective portal w/ the right users defined. Note the document link above is for cloud, if you are using server you can find it easily enough.

With that said, when you say "without having to use a user-license for JIRA" what do you mean? For JSD you have agents which are paid licenses and customers which do not add cost. Your agents work the issues submitted by your customers via the portal. You simply create a project, define the agents, define the customers and you have a basic setup...more or less. 

0 votes
Theo Eyzenga October 25, 2016

Jack,

After a good night sleep and reading your mail, I saw the light! J

Everything is working allright now.

I have only 1 question:

I have created a new customer or the Service Desk project but now it is not possible to log out….

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2016

Theo,

glad you are up and running. Regarding ability to logout, I have never seen an instance of where a user could not logout. Simply click in upper-right corner where you avatar is and in the drop down select logout. There likely will be a secondary screen asking you to confirm logging out. With that said, I rarely logout as I am in the application pretty much constantly.

Suggest an answer