Service desk teams on Jira Cloud

Kamil Beer [Onlio] June 2, 2016

Hello,

now, I know I am not the first one to ask about a workaround for JSD-270, but there seems to be a lot of workarounds for a Server version for JIRA Service Desk: be it Teams for Service desk, groovy scripting and so on, but how about a workaround for Cloud, where scripting is sketchy at best and a lot of add-ons don't work?

Any ideas, please?

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

We have only been able to work around this in Cloud by giving customer teams access to the issues through JIRA Core / JIRA Software. Yes a license is required but they are cheaper than agent licenses. But we can restrict what they can see and give them each a custom dashboard.

Other than that, we actually have a hosted JIRA Team Dashboard in the works. It will provide customer teams a fairly rich dashboard that works independently and separate from JIRA. It would be hosted in our cloud. It will use the JIRA REST APIs to generate the dashboards and would authenticate using a single admin/agent license. If you are interested in learning more and seeing our concept mockup let me know.

Suggest an answer