Service desk response email address doesn't match

Martin Wallace March 13, 2017

We have been using JIRA for a while for our internal development tracking and have it all set up nicely.  The server was set up to send notifications to staff when statuses change etc using an email address like: atlas@company.com

All was good!

We have now set up a service desk project to manage customer support - and successfully configured the project to receive emails from support@company.com.  However, when the service desk project sends notifications back to the client it is sending them as atlas@company.com when we would prefer them to be sent as support@company.com.

I've hunted all the settings and can't find a way to change this.  Is it possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

Hello Martin,

if you want the sender address different from the JIRA default outgoing mail address, than set the address in the project configuration:

Configuring email notifications

Regards,
Tim 

PHC Admin March 5, 2023

Once again the info on the page suggested doesn't match what is in a service project settings page. I think Atlassian makes changes to the products but leaves outdated info on these community pages.

0 votes
Peder Wollinger August 6, 2020

I'm currently facing the same issue (I'm using Jira Service Desk Server version). I contacted Atlassian support to find out why, and their conclusion was that it's currently not possible to have Jira Service Desk project sending email from a serarate mail. They helped me write a suggestion to add this functionality: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-6954

0 votes
Martin Wallace March 13, 2017

Thanks Tim,

That looks like what I was looking for.  However, when I change the email address there then no email for this project appears to leave the queue and eventually goes to the error queue.

I suspect this is more a problem in my exchange configuration meaning it will not send the email when the from address is not matching the email address of the SMTP account.

Suggest an answer