Service desk notifications not sent to different domain

Petr Flégl October 14, 2016

Hello,

We tried to setup JIRA Service Desk in our company. It's going well, but we have a problem with notification emails which should be delivered to our customers. It seems that the notifications are beeing sent only to the customers from our main domain (@ourdomain.com). If I try to start the issue from the different email the mail (issue created, updated, etc.) is not sent. The same problem applies to the issue's participant notifications. If the participant email is @ourdomain.com the notification is delivered. Notifications to the participants from other domains are not delivered. 

Do you have any idea what's the problem with our setup? We use JIRA cloud.

Thank you very much! 

2 answers

0 votes
rafael ortiz January 16, 2017

Hello

We are having the same issue. would be nice to know how to fix if possible.

Regarfs.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2016

Sounds like they are being blocked by a firewall or email server rule outside of JIRA

Petr Flégl October 16, 2016

Hello, Joe!

Thank you for your answer. We are trying to send the email to gmail.com server (I forgot to mention that the accounts are located there, sorry) so is there a problem with delivering JIRA email to gmail.com? I believe we won't be the only company affected in such case. Don't you have any other idea what could be the problem?

Thank you very much.

Regards

Petr

Suggest an answer