Service desk notifications are not send

Deleted user July 28, 2017

I am using Service Desk Cloud and enabled the notification called 'Public comment edited' with the value 'Customers involved' at the field 'To'.

When I sent myself a test-email from this settings-page it works fine: E-mail arrives.

But whenever I add a comment to an issue with a 'request participant', this e-mail will not be send unfortunately.

Can you tell me why this could not be working?

1 answer

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2017

Hey - has the customer opted out for notifications on this request? https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/managing-service-desk-notifications-732528936.html

Cheers 

Christoph 

Deleted user July 28, 2017

HI Christoph,

Not as far as I know. I tested it with one of my own addresses as well. Can I check this somewhere to be sure?

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2017

Hi Sjoerd, 

Only by asking them or even looking at their view of the request I guess... Do other notifications you have configured work? 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Deleted user July 31, 2017

I have discovered now that there is nothing wrong with the notification. 

Something really strange is going on with my e-mail. Those notification arrive in my mailbox (Exchange-server) but after a seconds the mail disappears completely (Yes I checked all folders and rules).

Thats a problem of a complete different order.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2017

You're welcome and thanks for sharing! 

Deleted user August 2, 2017

Too bad...  :-/

The problem does still exist. It looks like other people don't receive the custom notifications.

Can I check somewhere if Jira creates a mail. Some kind of logging?

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2017

I do now, but I don't see how it helps me.

(I am using the cloud service...)

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2017

Then I suggest addressing the Atlassian support... 

Ok, thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events