Service desk customers company

Neal Byrne September 16, 2014

Is there anyway on service desk 2 to achieve the following:

1) Record or assign a customer to a particular "company" ideally we would like to use the account field - which I think may actually be a tempo field unless I am mistaken. We already use that for reporting on chargeable time.

2) Allow users from the same company to see their issues.

3) Restrict access to seeing all issues for the company to that company's manager

Neal

3 answers

0 votes
Estevan Ceppi December 14, 2014

Hi  Neal,

I have the same need of your 1) point , I think that the question is treated in JSD-270 .

please see it.

Regards.

0 votes
Neal Byrne September 18, 2014

Hi Steven thanks for your reply

my requirement is as follows 

1) Multiple customers with multiple employees use the same service desk portal.

2) We use Tempo timesheets that has a field (Account)  to identify issues that belong to company1. company2 etc

I was wondering if there was a way when setting up customers on Service Desk (who are employees of comapany1) to specify which account they belong to? I don't really want a drop down list on the portal screen where the customer has to choose their company each time they log an issue.

Maybe a question for the tempo guys.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2014

Hmm, I'm not too sure how to accomplish this. You're right, this is a good question for the Tempo employees and as such I have retagged your Question with the appropriate addon tag. If I figure something out I'll post back.

Andrew J Baker December 2, 2014

This is exactly how we are using TEMPO, JIRA Service Desk and the Account Field... we'd love to have the functionality you've identified as well @Neal Byrne ...

Majken Connor March 23, 2016

If you're still looking for this, check out Insight by Riada. I'm currently looking to see if there is another way besides Insight to do this, how I found this question.

Jennifer Jenkins August 2, 2016

Has anyone had any luck with this?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

Yes, yes there is. For items two and three you may use the Security Levels to assign conditions for group companies and their managers to see issues.

For the first item, I am not sure I understand. You want an easier way to add users to a company?

Suggest an answer